Public Interest GRFX is the in-house communications team for The Public Interest Network, which includes U.S. PIRG, Environment America and other organizations that engage in research, advocacy, grassroots organizing and litigation and other strategies to win positive changes for our environment and our society.
- Brand / Product Management
- Communications / Social Media
- Design / Creative / Artist
- Writing / Editing
You’ll grab people’s attention by creating visually compelling materials.
• Use visual communications to help tell the stories of our network’s campaigns in print and online in ways that inform and inspire action. Our Communications Associates work to find and use the most compelling images for our websites and print materials, create infographics, lay out newsletters, and create graphics for social media.
• You have a knack for graphic design, an appreciation for good photography, and an interest in layout and/or web development.
We’re building a movement. And we want you to be its voice.
• Establish the voice of our organizations in print and online. Our writers help figure out where the public is at on an issue, then craft a message that will grab the audience’s attention and entice them to act. Then, we express that message through a number of different channels, including email, newsletters, direct mailings, educational brochures, canvassing materials, websites and more.
• You are a strong writer, ideally with some experience writing for a publication—at the campus newspaper, writing newsletters and emails for a group you volunteer with, or similar relevant experience. You respect goals, deadlines and budgets.
Use your communication skills and creative talents to make an impact.
• Youʼll work side-by-side with our team of writers and designers to help figure out where the public is at on an issue, then craft a message that will grab your audienceʼs attention and incite them to act. Youʼll learn how to express that message through a number of different mediums, including
social media, email, newsletters, direct mailings, campaign materials, websites and more.
• We are especially interested in intern candidates who enjoy writing, layout, design, photography, or video editing.
Political Science, Journalism, Graphic Design, Communications
Type of Position:
Connect With Us:
1536 SE 11th Ave.
Portland, OR 97214