Marina works as Chicas Facilitator at Adelante Mujeres, a non-profit organization that educates and empowers Latina women and their families through holistic programs that ensure their full participation and active leadership in the community.
The job categories that best describe her current role are:
- Child / Youth Development
- Volunteer Coordinator / Organizer
Three skills essential to success in this role are:
1) Effective and diverse communication skills in order to build strong relationships with students, parents, schools, and other stakeholders you work with.
2) Patience and innovative ideas when facilitating and planning for weekly sessions with your groups.
3) Organization and time management are also crucial in getting all your tasks completed.
Alma Mater/s and Area/s of Study:
Western Oregon University
Bachelors of Arts in Community Health Education and Spanish