Environment Oregon is a statewide, citizen-based environmental advocacy group working to protect our clean air, clean water and open space in Oregon.
– Go Solar, Oregon: Too much of our energy comes from dirty sources that harm our environment. But by tapping the power of the sun and the wind we can repower our lives with clean energy that doesn’t pollute and never runs out.
– Protect Crater Lake: With its deep blue waters and steep rim walls, Crater Lake is the crown jewel of Oregon. And while the lake itself is protected by national park status, year after year, logging companies threaten to clearcut the old-growth forest surrounding our only national park. We’re working to permanently protect this diverse and sensitive ecosystem by creating a 500,000 acre wilderness corridor surrounding Crater Lake.
– Carbon-free Oregon: The effects of global warming are obvious on a global, national, and local level: rising coastlines, severe summer drought, and decreased winter snowpack. Oregon can lead the way nationally by moving forward with bold climate policies that rein in the worst polluters.
- Canvasser / Campaign workers
- Planning / Policy
- Volunteer Coordinator / Organizer
With Environment Oregon’s campaign organizer program, you’ll get a two-year crash course in the nuts and bolts of environmental activism, organizing, advocacy and the type of institution-building that can sustain long-term battles. Learn by doing. You won’t be rehearsing to make an impact – you’ll be making one.
As a campaign organizer, you’ll:
– Plan and run grassroots campaigns: you’ll identify a policy or power-building goal, develop a strategy, then devise and carry out the tactics of your campaign.
– Lobby lawmakers: you’ll learn to make a convincing case for our policy goals in a legislator’s office or by testifying before a committee.
– Organize town hall meetings: you’ll create events where constituents have an opportunity to make their needs clear and hold politicians accountable.
– Set up and speak at news conferences: you’ll create news events to get the word out about your campaign through the media. You’ll also meet with editorial boards, and get op-eds published.
– Run citizen outreach campaigns: you’ll build the power of your organization, learning to fundraise, manage staff and educate the public.
Position Types Available:
Connect With Us:
1536 SE 11th Ave. Ste. B
Portland, OR 97202