Everything we do at Hajoca is grounded in our core values:
1. Fairness and caring
2. Trust and respect
3. Generous listening
4. Straight talk
We are a team of entrepreneurial and enthusiastic people who dream big and achieve even more. We support inspired thinking. We encourage passion and action. We reward success.
Our culture is decentralized. We believe the important decisions should be made by the experts – the employees who serve a community – not executives in a distant corporate headquarters. The people who love working at Hajoca are comfortable with autonomy and accountability, skilled at smart decision-making and relish hard work. Because you run the business like it’s yours, you get paid like it’s yours. A significant portion of each location’s annual profits are distributed among its employees and based on individual contributions. It’s a culture well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business success.
Management Trainee – Northwest Region
We are currently hiring Spring 2014 graduates for our locations in Eureka, California and Moses Lake, Washington with a start date of Summer 2014. Graduating seniors are strongly encouraged to apply now!
Hajoca is the largest privately-owned plumbing and heating wholesaler in the United States. Founded in 1858, we have hundreds of unique locations run by unparalleled leaders. The Management Development Program at Hajoca is a fast-track training path for external applicants interested in earning a role as the Manager of a Hajoca location. High-potential candidates with little-to-no industry experience learn every aspect of the distribution of plumbing, heating, and industrial supplies through a rigorous three-year hands-on program.
During the rotational program, trainees are given guidance from their mentors and managers in all aspects of running a business from customer service to pricing products to business operations. Learning occurs primarily through on-the-job experience, and is supplemented with coaching from experienced managers, book and computer courses, business projects, annual meetings with other trainees, managers, and leadership and visits with customers and vendors. After graduation, a trainee is prepared to be a manager of his/her own location. To see a breakdown of the program and read first hand trainee experiences, please visit http://tinyurl.com/HajocaMDP.
This career opportunity is full time and the compensation package includes:
• Competitive salary: approximately $40,000 for the first year based on a 45 hour work week; after successful completion of the first year, the trainee’s salary is increased and at 18 months he/she receives a car allowance of $9,700 per year and a sales incentive opportunity to earn up to an additional $2,500 per quarter – that’s another $10,000 per year
• Annual profit sharing bonus
• Relocation assistance between phases
• A comprehensive benefits program that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement, life insurance, and much more; employees at Hajoca enjoy a work/life balance and are offered paid holidays, sick and vacation time
Qualifications for our selective training program include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required to be considered for the program
• An ability and willingness to work in all areas in the Northwest region (Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Utah and Wyoming)
• Demonstrated leadership skills in professional, educational, and/or social experiences
• Above average intelligence
• Goal-orientation, a competitive spirit, and a take-charge attitude
• The ability to perform a wide-range of tasks, with an equal blend of interpersonal and analytical skills
• Entry-level work experience in people or project supervision, sales, operations, and/or customer service is a plus
To learn more about this career opportunity, please visitwww.hajocacareers.com. Here you can see a message from our president, meet current trainees and read a current trainee’s first-hand account of being in the Management Development Program.
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/D/V.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.